Now that the Nikon SB-700 has started hitting store shelves, reviews are starting to appear. So far, the initial reaction has been a good one. The SB-700 seems to be a worthy SB-600 replacement, and in most cases is even giving the SB-800 a run for its money.
From the reviews thus far, the reviewers are in favour of:
- Smaller physical size (compared to the SB-900)
- Better balance when on the camera
- No apparent overheating issues
- Better gel system
- Improved interface (compared to the SB-900)
- Lower price (compared to the SB-900)
Below are links I've managed to find thus far. As with my D7000 review roundup
, I will be updating this post as and when I find new links.